DIY: Fringe and Tassel Maker

I used to make the fringes and tassels with cardboard but always it finished folded by the use, so I decided to make something more durable. I bought some ice cream sticks and I did this.

Materials

- Ice Cream Sticks (I use 28)
- Silicone glues and gun

Steps:

The ice cream sticks I bought are 3.5 "in length and usually that is the length I use for my fringes or tassels.

First, I put 2 sticks vertically, then I pasted 2 sticks over in the top and 2 in the bottom. 


Then, I pasted 2 more sticks vertically over the horizontal ones.


I pasted 10 sticks in horizontal way, skipping the third space. I did the same for both sides.


Finally, I cut the vertically sticks from the space just in one side, like this


And that's all!!

How make the fringes?





How to make the tassels?

 Start in the same way on how a fringe is made, wrap the yarn around as many of times as you like it. Cut 2 long tails more.


 Use one tail to knot all the strings in the top


Use the second one to knot the strings through the space like the photo. Do not secure the knot in this part, it's just for a guide on where should be. 


Cut the yarn in the bottom part and remove the tassel from the open side.


Secure the second string and now you have your tassel.






Comments