Long floral necklace


I needed a super fast gift to my sister-in-law, so i searched inspiration from Pinterest. I found this flower and I remember that she loves the necklaces.

I did two of these flowers and then added two small ones. I followed the first pattern from this one to make the small flowers.

I made chains and popcorn stitches for the necklace. Here is a tutorial on how to crochet the popcorn stitch. I did the 5 dc version.


Materials

1 skein of cotton yarn fine weight (I use some yards of Camilla Cotton Magic Brown Shades for my sister-in-law's necklace and Camilla Cotton Magic Lilac Shades Blue Shades for the step-by-step photos.)
2.5 mm crochet hook
Yarn needle
Scissors
Beads 
Measuring tape

Steps

There are two ways to make the necklace. You can make the flowers and the chains separately and then sewing all together. I make the flower and continue the chain and popcorn stitch sequence until get the length.  


Part 1
Make the first flower following this pattern, Leave a long tail in the beginning to attach the beads. Once the flower is done, make 16 chains, popcorn stitch in the second chain from the hook. repeat until the chain measure 20", then make 16 chains more.

Part 2
Repeat the same of the part 1, but this time the chain should measure 13", then make 16 chains more.

Part 3
Make the small flower and 16 chains.

Part  4: 
Sew the end of Part 1 with the flower of Part 2. Then the end of Part 2 with the flower of Part 3. Both should be sewn from the back on opposite direction of the chains.

   


. Finally sew the end of the Part 3 with the flower of the Part 1.


In my brown version I did a second flower to attached to the first flower but in the blue one I just sewed the beads.


Sew the ends and you are ready to wear this pretty necklace.







Comments